Window air conditioners are small cooling units that easily fit in the window’s frame. This unit works by drawing out hot air from the room and blowing cool air into it. The part of the unit that releases the hot air will sit out of the home, while the part that holds the fan is on the insides of the room. Window units are perfect for small rooms and to get additional cooling for a bigger room.
Pros of window air conditioners:
There are a number of advantages to using window air conditioners apart from the fact that they are easy to maintain and install. They are as follows.
- The window air conditioners work very well to cool small spaces by consuming less electricity.
- Window units have an elegant design and blend with the existing ambiance of the home.
- They are easy to transport without incurring any damage during transit.
- Window AC are more efficient in terms of energy saving and will not consume much electricity.
- Inverter split air conditioners can save up to 40% energy consumption.
- They are easy to install and are easy to maintain as well.
- The window air conditioner cost is at least 10 to 20% cheaper than the split air conditioners.
- The AC vent of the window unit allows fresh air to enter the house and recirculates the AC’s cool air. Thus, they can maintain the room’s carbon dioxide level below 700 parts per million.
Is the window air conditioner right for my home?
If you are living in a home without air conditioning and looking for an AC within your budget, and if you require to cool only a small portion of the home, then the window AC is a perfect option.
Best air conditioner brands in India that sell window air conditioners:
There are tremendous advantages of window AC units, and many air conditioner brands in India sell exceptional window units.
- LG 1.5 ton dual inverter window AC
LG is a leading air conditioner brand in India that offers the best window AC for medium-sized rooms. The best features of this air conditioner are its top air discharge system, ADC sensor, smart diagnosis system, clean filter indication, etc. Its copper condenser coil prevents the appliance from gathering rust.
- Blue Star window AC:
Blue Star offers a budget-friendly window air conditioner capable of instantly cooling small rooms. It also has an ECO mode that helps save electricity bills and an amazing cooling experience.
- Voltas 1.5-ton window AC:
The 1.5-ton window air conditioner from Voltas is ideal for high ambient cooling in all weather. It also has an active dehumidifier and multi-stage filtration unit.
- Lloyd 1.5-ton 4-star AC:
The Lloyd window AC comes with a myriad of features, such as a dehumidification system, energy efficiency, etc. It operates in both fan mode and cooling mode and uses environment-friendly refrigerant.
- Carrier Midea Window AC:
Carrier Midea is one of the best air conditioner brands in India that offers window ACs in 1-ton, 1.5-ton and 2-ton capacities. It offers a number of new-age features to match the cooling needs of the home.
Our top pick – the best window air conditioner brand:
Carrier Midea is one of the best air conditioner brands in India that is ideal for a medium-sized room. It operates without the need for a stabilizer and efficiently protects the air conditioner from voltage fluctuations. The best feature of the Carrier Midea ACs is that they come with a dry mode that can be of great use during rainy days and stormy weather. It helps to keep the room clean and dry.
Window air conditioners have many advantages and are a budget-friendly option for most Indian households. They efficiently maintain the interior temperatures of the home and office and are easy to install and maintain as well.