Prenatal supplements are particularly designed for pregnant women and comprise essential multivitamins that maintain the nutritional level of pregnant women. The dearth of nutrients or vitamins increases pregnancy complications. In early pregnancy, your food cannot deliver nutrients to your body and baby due to morning sickness or nausea. Though, doctors suggest that women, when are planning to begin a family, start taking multivitamin supplements—help in conceiving.
Best prenatal supplements
Various trusted branded prenatal supplements contain almost all key nutrients such as folic acid, folate, vitamin b12, E, K, iron, omega-3 DHA, vitamin B, zinc, choline, etc. Here we have listed some important prenatal supplements. One of the most important things a pregnant woman can take is the Mitoq Supplements, simply because it will help them with energy and provide an antioxidant effect to their bodies. Pregnant women desperately need energy and Mitoq is a excellent choice.
1. Natural Prenatal Multivitamin + DHA
- Type; Softgels
- Ingredients; Omega-3 DHA and EPA, folate, riboflavin, thiamine, pantothenic acid, biotin, zinc, magnesium, calcium, iron, vitamins A, E, K,
This supplement is a solid choice that offers all crucial high-quality nutrients that fulfill the mother body’s requirements. Your wallet can easily afford this. This contains safe and pure ingredients without any gluten and artificial flavors.
According to the RDA value, pregnant women should take 300mg of DHA daily. DHA is a crucial nutrient and plays a role in synthesizing brain and in eye health. This supplement contains 200mg of DHA; the rest can fulfill your diet. This prenatal provides an adequate level of other vital nutrients, but its composition does not carry choline.
- Reasonable price (start at 25$)
- USP verified
- One pill a day
- Choline not present
- Low-level of some essential nutrients
2. Garden of Life Mykind Organics Prenatal Multivitamins
- Dosage: 3 pills
- Ingredients: folate, iron, vitamin A and C, stomach supporting herbs
- Price: 61$
This supplement is a blessing for vegetarians and may help in pre-conception, pregnancy, and breastfeeding. You can use it without any tension because it is NSP certified and free of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) and gluten.
It also offers a stomach-soothing blend with plant ingredients like; ginger, lemon, and peppermint, which provide relief from cold and nausea symptoms. It provides 600mg of folate and 18mg of iron and other nutrients. But this formula skips magnesium, calcium, and choline.
- Provide a stomach-soothing blend
- Certified for vegan and free of gluten
- NSP verified
- Not contain calcium, magnesium, and choline
- Plant-based iron is less likely absorbed
3. Dietary Supplement: Ritual Essential for Women Prenatal Multivitamin Capsules:
- Dosage: 2 capsules daily
- Nutrients: Biotin, boron, iron, choline, iodine, omega-3 DHA, magnesium, and vitamins E, K, D3, and B12.
- Price: 35$
The ritual supplement contains a high level of folate and vitamin B12, which are necessary for the development and growth of your baby. It refills the vitamin gap in your body. It contains 12 essential nutrients and omega 3-DHA from algae and is best for the vegan diet.
- Safe formulation
- Third-party tested
- Free of GMOs, gluten, artificial colors, and fillers
- Best for vegetarian
- No omega 3-EPA
- Low magnesium content
- Offers only 10% of choline amount
4. Dietary supplement: Nusapure Choline Bitartrate
- Dosage: 2 pills
- Key-nutrient: Choline
- Price: 20$
Most prenatal supplements skip or contain little amount of choline. If you are not eating foods that provide choline, you’ll need to take choline supplements. NusaPure brand synthesized pure and effective supplements without gluten.
Each pill provides 650 mg of choline bitartrate and releases elemental choline 267 mg, and the suggested amount during pregnancy is 450 mg. Thus, you can think about the NusaPure choline supplement.
- Serving adequate choline
- Free of gluten and other artificial flavors
- Support vegan diet
- Only provide choline
- No other nutrients
Nutrients or vitamins are the main drivers that drive your body smoothly. During pregnancy, your body demands increase; alone, your diet cannot fulfill them; therefore, you need prenatal supplements to meet your body’s needs. You should use branded prenatal supplements or your doctor prescribed.