According to a recent study by ABC.net, roughly 85% of Australians will develop acne at some point during their lifetime. Acne is an inflammatory skin disorder that is associated with the sebaceous glands, which links to the hair follicles. This condition can lead to different issues, including pimples, whiteheads, or blackheads. Controlling acne and preventing future breakouts can be achieved with a targeted Korean skincare routine.
In the rest of this acne-related blog post, you’ll discover a few K-beauty skincare products that are readily available in Australia that could assist in your acne-fighting journey.
- What causes acne?
You may be wondering; what exactly causes acne? Well, we’ll start by saying different factors may contribute to why you currently have acne. The most common cause is when your hair follicles become clogged. Acne outbreaks when your skin’s sebum and dead skin cells clog the pores.
Here are a few important questions to note if you have acne-prone skin:
- Do you often experience inflammation in your skin?
- Is your skin prone to acne, pimples, or blemishes?
If your answer to any of the aforementioned questions is yes, then this certainly means you sure have acne-prone skin.
- What ingredients should you focus on when buying K-beauty products for acne?
Two ingredients that matter when it comes to buying the best Korean beauty products for acne-prone skin are salicylic acid and retinol.
- In case you don’t know, retinol is a derivative of vitamin A. This ingredient is known for its effectiveness in speeding up the turnover of skin cells. Furthermore, this ingredient helps to regulate the production of sebum in the skin. Besides, retinol also encourages unclogging of pores, lowering of skin inflammation, and improved production of collagen. With retinol incorporated in your K-beauty products, you can always achieve brighter, clearer, healthier, and smoother skin.
- Like retinol, salicylic acid also plays an important role in Korean beauty products when it comes to treating acne. This ingredient is effective for exfoliating the skin and unclogging pores. Since salicylic acid is oil-soluble, it is able to penetrate deep into the pores and to dissolve the excess sebum found in blackheads. Besides, salicylic acid also helps to lower skin inflammation, regulate the production of sebum, and prevent skin breakouts. It also helps to improve the skin’s overall texture.
- Korean skincare routine for acne-prone skin
To address your acne-prone skin, below are a few K beauty skin care steps you can follow:
- First, you need to start by double cleansing your face. Ensure to start off the first cleansing step with an oil cleanser, then follow with a foaming (water-based) cleanser for the second step. The Beauty of Joseon Ginseng Cleansing Oil is one of the most effective and affordable products you can consider using for your acne-prone skin. Learn more about how this Korean beauty cleansing product works today.
- Exfoliation is another effective K beauty skincare step you need to follow to treat your acne. You should keep in mind that excessive exfoliation may end up damaging your skin. To avoid this problem, all you need is to go moderate (twice a week is okay) when peeling the skin with a suitable product, such as the SOME BY MI AHA 10% Amino Peeling Ampoule.
- Toners and serums are also very important for treating acne-prone skin. You need a suitable toner to strengthen your skin and reduce inflammation. As for serum, you certainly need the right product to soothe the skin and heal pimples very quickly.
You can visit KBeauty Australia today to find the right toner and serum for your acne-prone skin.