Auto shipping from one state to another involves using a specially built-truck to move your car from one location to another. This type of service is offered by many auto transport services in the United States – a good example is Universal Transit Auto Transport company.
Today, one important factor you need to consider when hiring a reliable auto shipping company is ‘your budget’. In the rest of this post, you’ll discover a few factors that influence the cost of vehicle shipping from one state to another.
Who needs car shipping solutions?
You need car shipping solutions if:
- You need to relocate to another state due to work or personal reasons. With auto shipping, especially with enclosed transport, you can safely get your vehicle down to your desired destination without distance constraints.
- Car dealerships also need this service to transport newly purchased vehicles to their owners’ destinations.
- Auto-shipping is another important service that can benefit luxury vehicle owners who need specialized vehicle transport solutions.
Key factors that influence the cost of auto shipping today
Cost is certainly one of the most important factors to consider when choosing reliable car transport services today. As a customer, you need to compare quotes from different service providers to ensure you’re not overpaying for the auto shipping solution. Of course, cost isn’t the only important factor in identifying a reliable service provider. You should only factor in cost after considering other factors, such as insurance coverage, success rate, online reviews, type of services, and quality of services.
That said, below are a few important factors that influence the cost of car shipping in the United States today:
- Size of vehicle
The size of the vehicle can influence the shipping cost of moving your car from one location to another. The general rule is that the heavier and larger your car is, the more expensive the cost gets.
Will the auto transport service provider be able to operate your vehicle? If not, you can expect to pay a higher shipping cost than people with operable vehicles. It’s pretty simple; since your vehicle isn’t operable, the auto shipping provider will put in more time, effort, and equipment to load and unload the car. These factors certainly will contribute to the total cost of shipping your vehicle.
- Type of shipping services
Most reliable auto shipping companies, such as Universal Transit, offer both terminal-to-terminal and door-to-door car shipping services. Your choice of the right one depends on your needs and how urgent you need the solutions.
- If you need to deliver the vehicle to your preferred destination quickly, door-to-door auto shipping is recommended. Although this service is more expensive, you can always rely on it to get your car as quickly as possible regardless of your location.
- If you’re on a budget, terminal-to-terminal car shipping is ideal, especially if your destination isn’t too far from the terminal.
The bottom line here is that the type of shipping service you opt for can also influence the vehicle shipping cost.
- Type of transport
How exactly do you want the auto transport company to haul your vehicle to your destination? Is it with the help of an enclosed carrier or an open carrier? With an enclosed carrier, your vehicle will be protected from scratches and other environmental factors, such as weather. This transport option (enclosed transport) is more expensive than open transport, which can expose your vehicle to damage by weather or debris.
According to a recent study, the demand for car shipping in the US always goes up during the summer months and January. Avoid these periods of the year if you want to cut the cost of shipping your vehicle to another state.
Are you ready to start your car shipping journey with Universal Transit? If yes, you can use this car shipping calculator to get an estimate of your shipping fees.