If you are looking for a reliable and affordable commuter bike, you might want to consider Splendor Plus. This motorcycle has been one of the best-selling bikes in India for over two decades, thanks to its simple yet efficient design, low maintenance cost, and fuel efficiency. In this article, we will provide a comprehensive review of the Splendor Plus, covering its features, specifications, pros and cons, and overall performance. We will also give you some tips on how to choose the right Splendor Plus Price model for your needs and budget.
Introduction to Splendor Plus
The Splendor Plus is a 100cc motorcycle manufactured by Hero MotoCorp, formerly known as Hero Honda. It was first launched in 2007 as an upgraded version of the original Splendor, which was introduced in 1994. The Splendor Plus features a four-stroke, air-cooled, single-cylinder engine that delivers a maximum power of 7.91 bhp at 8,000 rpm and a peak torque of 8.05 Nm at 6,000 rpm. It has a four-speed constant mesh gearbox and a wet multi-plate clutch. The bike has a top speed of around 87 km/h and can accelerate from 0 to 60 km/h in 7.45 seconds.
Design and Features
The Splendor Plus has a classic design that hasn’t changed much over the years. It features a basic round headlight, a simple fuel tank with no decals, a flat and wide seat, and a boxy tail section with a chrome-finished carrier. The bike is available in several colors, including black with silver, black with purple, black with red, silver with blue, and red with black.
In terms of features, the Splendor Plus comes with a basic analog instrument cluster that displays speed, fuel level, and other basic indicators. It also has a kick-start and a self-start option, which is a useful feature for those who want to save their energy in traffic. The bike has 18-inch wheels with tubeless tires, which provide good grip and stability on the road.
Performance and Mileage
The Splendor Plus is not a bike that will blow your mind with its performance, but it gets the job done. The engine is smooth and responsive, and it can handle city traffic with ease. The bike’s suspension is basic but effective, and it can absorb most bumps and potholes on the road. The brakes are decent, with a 130 mm drum brake at the front and a 110 mm drum brake at the rear. For the perfect performance of the bike, you can go through the best mileage bike at Bike Junction.
The main selling point of Hero Splendor Plus is its fuel efficiency. The bike can deliver a mileage of around 65-70 km/l, which is impressive considering its small engine size and weight. This makes it a perfect bike for those who want to save money on fuel and reduce their carbon footprint.
Pros and Cons
Here are some of the pros and cons of the Splendor Plus:
- Affordable price
- Low maintenance cost
- Good fuel efficiency
- Simple and reliable design
- Comfortable seating position
- Basic features and instrumentation
- Average performance and speed
- Limited storage space
- No disc brake option
How to Choose the Right Splendor Plus Model
There are currently five different variants of the Splendor Plus available in India: Kick with Alloy Wheel, Self with Alloy Wheel, Black and Accent, Platinum, and i3S. Here are some tips on how to choose the right model for your needs and budget:
- If you are on a tight budget, the Kick with Alloy Wheel variant is the most affordable option.
- If you prefer a more convenient option, the Self with Alloy Wheel variant is a better choice.
- If you want a more stylish look, the Black and Accent or Platinum variants offer some cosmetic upgrades.
- If you are looking for better fuel efficiency, the i3S variant comes with an idle stop-start system that can save fuel in traffic.
When choosing the right Splendor Plus model, you should also consider your riding needs and habits. If you mostly ride in the city, a basic model with a kick-start option might be enough. If you need to carry luggage or passengers, you might want to opt for a model with a carrier or a more comfortable seat.
The Splendor Plus is a bike that has stood the test of time, thanks to its simple and efficient design, low maintenance cost, and good fuel efficiency. While it may not be the most exciting or advanced bike out there, it offers a practical and reliable solution for daily commuting. If you are looking for a bike that can get you from point A to point B without breaking the bank, the Splendor Plus might be worth considering.
- What is the price of the Splendor Plus?
- The price of the Splendor Plus varies depending on the variant and location. In India, the base model starts at around Rs. 60,000.
- Does the Splendor Plus have a disc brake option?
- No, the Splendor Plus only comes with drum brakes.
- What is the mileage of the Splendor Plus?
- The Splendor Plus can deliver a mileage of around 65-70 km/l.
- Is the Splendor Plus a good bike for beginners?
- Yes, the Splendor Plus is a good bike for beginners due to its simple and user-friendly design.
- How does the Splendor Plus compare to other commuter bikes in India?
- The Splendor Plus is one of the best-selling commuter bikes in India, and it competes with other popular models such as the Bajaj Platina, Honda Dream Yuga, and TVS Radeon.